Conflict Resolution Specialist (Conciliator)
New York, NY
The Conciliator plays an important role in administering, maintaining and ensuring accurate documentation for an assigned No Fault claims caseload, working alongside a dedicated team of colleagues.
IT Project Coordinator
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner GAF. Founded in 1886, GAF has become North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing (Source: Fredonia Group study). Our success in growing the company to nearly $3 billion in sales has been a result of our relentless pursuit of quality, combined with industry-leading expertise and comprehensive roofing solutions.Summary
Responsible for the IT Software Configuration, Release & Deployment management process which will include but not limited to the following daily tasks: using the release and deployment management tools for builds and deployments, creating reports and automations. Ensuring adherence to the release and deployment management process and following-up with developers, engineers and other operational personnel for an overall successful deployment.
- Ensures adherence to the release management process, including communication with development, QA, and the PM teams. Reviews release instructions and notes for accuracy and completeness; provides
responseto the developers professionally. Learn new technologies and their deployment procedures.
- Assist release engineer in the recording and executing of the software deployment requests
for .Net, J2EE and other technologies. Maintains access to all the environments including DEV, QA, UAT and Production for code migration of custom software
- Responsible for the IT release,
configurationand deployment management process reporting as needed, using Office, or other reporting tools. Documenting deployment procedures and processes as appropriate for multiple technologies and platforms.
- Requires full knowledge of functional area and actively contributes to the overall success of the IT department.
- Provides regular status to management (meeting, status reports, etc.). Provides ad-hoc status as needed.
- Participation in team meetings
- To be eligible you must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge and served in the military past 9/11/2001 (or currently serving in the Guard/Reserve)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) or working toward a Bachelor Degree in one of the following:
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems
- Business Administration, OR
- other related field
- Past software development and deployment experience
- Experience with release management tools like VSS, Jenkins, GITHUB, SVN
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Meeting Leadership
- Planning and Organizing
- Good Communication skills (verbal & written)
- Developing Decision Making skills
- Good Collaboration skills
- Good Customer Focus
- Initiates Self Action some of the time
- Developing Business Acumen
- Developing Skills in Building Working Relationships
- Developing Stress Tolerance skills
- Developing Planning, Organizing & Follow-Up skills
- Good Attention to Detail
- Good Time Management skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical knowledge/skills
- IT Standards, Policies and Procedures (ITIL)
- Release Management
- System Development Life Cycle methodologies; Agile, Waterfall
- Good knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Good knowledge of and execution of SDLC
- Good knowledge of Information Security Awareness
- Developing knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools
- General knowledge/skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, strong decision making skills, and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and persuade and lead meetings
- Ability to effectively handle numerous tasks/assignments at the same time
- Good ability to Multi Task
- Developing skills in Prioritizing
- Good Analysis & Problem Solving Skills
- Developing Adaptability
- Full Time (immediate availability)
- $20.00/Hour (plus benefits)
IT Project Management Associate
Manhattan, NY | Long Island, NY | North & Central, NJ
We are a nonprofit that launches careers for young adults of underserved backgrounds and military veterans through consultancy positions with our client companies. We place individuals looking to launch their careers in a minimum of nine month engagements where they learn and grow with our client. Our consultants are provided with a mentor to ensure they are maturing and becoming successful, professional employees.
IT Security Specialist
New York, NY
As an IT Security Specialist, you would be accountable for the success of specific customer projects. This will need to be achieved through ongoing planning, coordination and alignment, both internally within the team and with management and software engineering.
Manhattan, NY | North & Central, NJ
WOS is currently seeking to employ high-caliber military Veterans with the drive to work in the fast-paced Information Technology sector. Throughout the years we have successful launched careers in the fields of: Project Management, Network/System Administration, Software Quality Assurance, Helpdesk Support and Logistics.
IT Training Program
El Paso, TX
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is launching a new program to mentor, educate, and employ Veterans with service past 9/11/2001 for Information Technology positions in El Paso, TX
IT Training Program (Military Spouses)
El Paso, TX
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is launching a new program to mentor, educate, and employ Spouses of Military Veterans with service past 9/11/2001 for Information Technology positions in El Paso, TX
Quality Assurance Analyst
Long Island City, NY
This is a consultancy role, with the potential to hire, at our client partner JetBlue.
Service Technician Training Program for United Rentals
Atlanta, GA | Dallas, TX
Program launching Spring 2017 - Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) will be launching a new service technician training program near Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, GA for Veterans with service past September 11, 2001.
Systems Administrator I
New York, NY
The position offers an excellent opportunity for infrastructure professionals with strong systems skills to work on a dynamic team within the Global Enterprise Technology Services (GETS) department.