Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that recruits underserved adults and veterans for early career opportunities through various skill-based education and mentoring programs.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role at our partner Covanta Energy. Covanta is one of the world’s largest owners and operators of infrastructure for the conversion of waste-to-energy (known as “energy-from- waste” or “EfW”), as well as other waste disposal and renewable energy production businesses. Our company name represents the cooperation and advantages inherent in the partnerships we form to provide sustainable waste disposal solutions for the communities and businesses we serve. Covanta operates and/or has ownership positions in over 40 energy-from-waste facilities in located North America, Italy and China. We also operate other waste management businesses such as transfer stations and metals recycling facilities complementary to our core EfW business.
- Honorably discharged Post 9/11 Veteran OR
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or other related degree program such as technology management
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a Technology Project Management/Coordinator role
- Availability to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
Coordinates one or more IT project teams to meet project objectives. The Project Coordinator will proactively monitor project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies of the upgrades. The position will ensure compliance with project methodology and controls. Project Coordinator will also be responsible for partnering with team members to produce documentation outlining the changes that will be required of the report developers.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- Coordinates all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
- Rigorously coordinates scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Publishes periodic project status reports.
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments.
- Regularly updates project-related tools with relevant and accurate data, ensuring the most up-to-date project reporting information.
- Conducts quality checks on business requirement documentation and analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experiences,
- Ability to manage complex projects from inception to successful implementation,
- Knowledge of PMBOK Guidelines,
- Knowledge of Project Planning Software (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, PlanView),
- Demonstrated leadership experience (teams of 5 or more),
- Strong ability to plan, lead and follow up on Project Meetings (including preparing and distributing meeting minutes),
- Strong to excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Good to strong facilitation skills,
- Strong judgment and management skills,
- Strong analytical ability,
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
- Good understanding of technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements,
- Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements,
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within the state.
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus
- $30.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Morristown, NJ