Who Are We?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Lear Corporation. Lear Corporation is ranked #154 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, MI, Lear maintains 240 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 136,000 employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer experience with word processing and spreadsheets.
Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers by performing the following duties. The Production Supervisor is part of the Operations department and reports to the Production Superintendent on the applicable shift.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of machines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists worker in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains attendance, time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Follows ISO14001 and QS9000/TS16949 procedures/processes.
- Produces product to meet customer needs.
- Participates in plant recycling programs.
- It is the responsibility of the Production Supervisor to take appropriate action and to effectively communicate where necessary and observations which may impact Lear’s ability to manufacture a quality product and to achieve an on time delivery. Individual actions which should be taken into account are as follows:
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformances related to product, process and quality systems.
- Identify and record any problems related to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Full-time (immediate availability)
- $24.00/Hour (Plus benefits)
- Hammond, IN