Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role at our client partner American Arbitration Association. The American Arbitration Association (AAA), is a not-for-profit organization with offices throughout the United States. AAA has a long history and experience in the field of alternative dispute resolution, providing services to individuals and organizations who wish to resolve conflicts out of court.
Overall Position Description:
In this role, you would play an important role in administering, maintaining and ensuring accurate documentation for an assigned No Fault claims caseload, working alongside a dedicated team of colleagues.
- Initiates and ensures efficient and timely flow of communication and information between parties (claimants, respondents and attorneys) throughout the life cycle of the cases.
- Completes all assigned tasks in the online case management system, which includes but is not limited to capturing settlement agreements and process functions (technical corrections, withdrawals, telephonic and abeyance requests); responds to party and arbitrator inquiries; transfers unresolved cases to Arbitration.
- Responds to client inquiries, resolves issues utilizing all available information and system tools. Weighs importance of every issue and ensures that unresolved issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually stays abreast of NY No-Fault Insurance laws and Regulations through self-study and active participation with available resources.
- To be eligible, you must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge and served in the military post 9/11 (or currently serving in the Guard/Reserve)
- If accepted to the program, proof of military service will be required
- Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and/or Legal Studies (or equivalent military experience)
- Possess an introductory knowledge of:
- NYS Workers’ Compensation Fee Schedule
- NYS No-Fault laws/Regulation 68
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal files, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively, both in person and by telephone, to customers, attorneys, arbitrators, mediators and employees of the organization
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Technical Skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to adapt to the administrative software and systems
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive in monitoring and assuring the quality of work
- Demonstrates strong internal/external colleague and client relationships
- Strong personal integrity
- Experience in Conflict Resolution
- Full-time/immediate availability (37.5 hours/week)
- New York, NY (Wall Street Area)
- $20.00/hour (plus benefits)