Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate through this process. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Lear Corporation. Lear Corporation is ranked #154 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, MI, Lear maintains 240 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 136,000 employees.
Job Overview: The main objective for the Mechanic II is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical, minor electrical and electronic components on plant machinery, utilities and general equipment at the Kenansville, NC site.
- Must be a Post 9/11 Veteran/Reservist/Guardsmen OR
- Recent college graduate with an Associates Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or industrial certification
- Availability to work full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair & maintain Industrial equipment
- Fabrication of parts
- Operate tool room equipment (lathe mill, drill press, etc.)
- Keep detailed records of all work done via our CMMS
- Withdraw parts from bins and storeroom and make requests for other required items
- Take ownership of jobsite and maintenance shop ensuring a safe, organized and clean environment
- Assist with production equipment PMs and repairs as required
- Help maintain the maintenance shop including organizing items, cleaning equipment, crating parts, and other housekeeping tasks
- Train and mentor junior mechanics and electricians
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical industrial equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on AC and DC drives
- Minimum of 5 years industrial equipment mechanic experience
- Knowledgeable of preventive maintenance practices
- Experienced in weld repairs and working with hand tools
- Must have all basic tools required to make repairs
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate with Lear employees to include technicians, operators, stores attendants, supervisors, managers etc.
- Self starter, self motivated
- Able to work effectively independently or with a small team
- Safety first mindset; knowledgeable of lock out tag out procedures
- Full Time
- $17.75/Hour (Plus benefits)
- Kenansville, NC