Who Are We?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Lear Corporation. Lear Corporation is ranked #154 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, MI, Lear maintains 240 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 136,000 employees.
- Must be a Post 9/11 Veteran or Current National Guard / Reservist OR
- Recent college graduate with an Associates Degree in electrical or electronics or two years experience in related field
- Availability to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
Experienced person responsible for maintenance and repairs on plant machinery including simple mechanical, complex electrical and/or electronic components, power circuits and lighting fixtures in accordance with instructions.
- Works toward the successful completion of the next level of maintenance program
- Executes work orders and fills out as required
- Uses tools of the mechanical craft with skill; accomplishes each assignment with quality workmanship, conforming to published standards
- Performs predictive/preventive maintenance as directed
- Locates source of trouble on electrical equipment or apparatus by tracing and testing circuits and inspection for mechanical failure
- Leads a crew in installing or repairing all types of electrical and electronic equipment such as motors, transformers, starters, switch boards, circuit breakers, power circuits, amplifiers, etc.
- Does simple PLC programming modifications
- Performs all tasks performed by the maintenance trainee and maintenance technicians (E1, E2, & M1)
- Follows all safety procedures; maintains good housekeeping in the work area
- Troubleshoot, repair & maintain Industrial equipment
- Fabrication of parts
- Operate tool room equipment (lathe mill, drill press, etc.)
- Keep detailed records of all work done via our CMMS
- Withdraw parts from bins and storeroom and make requests for other required items
- Take ownership of job site and maintenance shop ensuring a safe, organized and clean environment
- Assist with production equipment PMs and repairs as required
- Help maintain the maintenance shop including organizing items, cleaning equipment, crating parts, and other housekeeping tasks
- Train and mentor junior mechanics and electricians
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Associates Degree in mechanical, electrical or electronics OR two years experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and basic electrical industrial equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on AC and DC drives
- Minimum of 5 years industrial equipment mechanic experience
- Knowledgeable of preventive maintenance practices
- Experienced in weld repairs and working with hand tools
- Must have all basic tools required to make repairs
- Safety first mindset is paramount; knowledgeable of lock out tag out procedures
- Proficiency in the following:
- Hand tools
- Measuring instruments
- Power tools
- Soldering iron
- PLC programmers
- Gas and electric welding equipment.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
- Self starter, self motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate with Lear employees to include technicians, operators, stores attendants, supervisors, managers etc.
- Able to work effectively independently or with a small team
- Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- $25.30/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Kenansville, NC