Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS), the leading non-profit organization geared toward training and aligning individuals from underserved groups with career opportunities, is launching a Learning Center in the Metro Detroit area. WOS opened its first Learning Center in May 2014 in New York City to offer business and interpersonal skills training to community residents. It provides workshops in Resume Writing, Interviewing Skills, Effective Communication, Decision Making, Professionalism in the Workplace, Social Media Etiquette, Researching Potential Employers, Setting Goals and Time Management, and Business Writing.
This position includes scheduling, coordinating and teaching business and interpersonal skills workshops, networking and communicating with prospective academic, community and corporate partners and workshop participants. It also requires collaborating with other WOS employees and helping to expand our presence in the Metro Detroit area.
- A passion for the WOS mission.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to build and cultivate relationships with our partners and other stakeholders.
- Experience teaching adults as well as adolescents and managing in a corporate environment. Excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, digitally adept, and familiarity with adult learning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of the training needs of local employers and residents.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and own transportation.
- Must be able to pass a required background check.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and hours. This job may require working weekends.
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Full Time
- Up to $ (Depending on Experience)
- Detroit, MI