Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is launching a new program to mentor, educate, and employ Veterans for Information Technology Support positions in Nashville, TN.
Pre-Certification is scheduled to begin late 2017.
Classes are scheduled to begin early 2018.
This program provides access to a comprehensive and intense training program for highly motivated individuals to prepare them for a long term career. If selected for the program, participants will receive free training from a local university and then work at the sponsoring corporation.
This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization, whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship, education, and full-time employment. But full-time employment is only a piece of the larger WOS program. Your hard work is supported by higher education and individual mentorship. This programmatic solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support to help keep you there.
If you are highly motivated and want to make a positive change in your life, WOS provides a pathway to a better future. Here are few details about this specific opportunity.
- Health Insurance - Free single coverage health insurance (after 90 days full-time) ◦ This means nothing will be deducted from your paycheck
- Paid Vacation - Two Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays - All company approved holidays
- College Tuition Payments - Toward a first degree (Bachelor or Associate) at a public college or university - this includes all applicable fees (books, facilities, etc.)
- Individual Mentor - It is the individual mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Having an individual mentor can make all the difference.
- Highly motivated and ready to make a fundamental change in your life
- Have a strong interest in technology
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Does not become frustrated easily
- Hard working with a solid work ethic
- Knows how to be a team player
- To be eligible you must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge and served in the military post 9/11 (or currently serving in the Guard/Reserve)
- If accepted to the program, proof of military service will be required
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
If accepted to the program, proof of High School graduation or GED will be required
- Have full-time availability
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that transforms early career professionals by cultivating their talents. We connect leading companies with a network of thousands of ready-to-work professionals who reflect diverse communities and customers. Our partners rely on our expertise to recruit, educate, and train employees with the highest potential who will remain committed to their work over the long term.
Launched at Columbia University in New York City, our scientifically-based program offers cutting-edge research and analytics in partnership with top-tier academic institutions. Since our founding in 2005, we have partnered with more than 50 corporations in 35+ locations across the U.S.