Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is social enterprise with a national footprint that integrates individuals of underserved populations and military Veterans into career oriented entry level opportunities within corporate America.
Our On Demand Program seeks to transform lives through full-time employment for recent college graduates and military veterans with post 9/11 service. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies to place individuals into initial consultancy positions with an eventual pathway to a meaningful career.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services.
WOS is currently seeking to employ high-caliber military Veterans with the drive to work in the fast-paced Information Technology sector. Throughout the years we have successful launched careers in the fields of: Project Management, Network/System Administration, Software Quality Assurance, Helpdesk Support and Logistics.
- Service during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (September 11, 2001 and forward)
- Honorable discharge (or currently serving in the Guard or Reserve)
- Bachelor’s degree obtained or currently in pursuit
- Military experience/training in technology and/or business related areas
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Full-Time availability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An analytical approach and problem solving abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and time management abilities
- Passionate and motivated to succeed
- Our mission is for every consultant to eventually transition into a permanent employee of the partnering company. Once transition occurs, the consultancy period ends and the individual is now fully integrated. This process averages between 9-12 months; and depends, primarily, on the consultant meeting job expectations.
- All of our positions are full-time, entry level opportunities (some experience, and/or training, required). Individuals will receive an hourly wage in addition to our benefits package which includes tuition assistance.
- Think of this opportunity as a test-drive situation. You are learning as you go along. Your managers are there to provide support and contribute to your professional development. Throughout the consultancy period you will make an hourly wage, but if you work hard and actively work on achieving and surpassing expectations, you will transition into a full time employee with the sponsor client at a more competitive salary.
- Tuition or Student loan reimbursement assistance
- Free single healthcare
- Low cost Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Vacation/Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Various locations throughout the New York City area (Manhattan) and North and Central New Jersey