Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for young adults and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
- To be eligible, you must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge and served in the military post 9/11 (or currently serving in the Guard/Reserve)
- If considered for this position, proof of military service will be required
- Availability to work full-time'
- Experience/Training (any of the following)
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Business Administration (concentration in Technology Management)
- Military experience in Technology/Computer Science
- We are a nonprofit that launches careers for young adults of underserved backgrounds and military veterans through consultancy positions with our client companies. We place individuals looking to launch their careers in a minimum of nine month engagements where they learn and grow with our client. Our consultants are provided with a mentor to ensure they are maturing and becoming successful, professional employees.
- After a candidate applies, WOS will work to match that candidate's skill set with the requirements of a current, or future, position. We then work on the candidate's behalf to place them with one of our partners as a consultant.
- After the consultancy period (consultancy period varies for each consult, but averages between 9-12 months), the intent is for consultants to be hired away by the client company. At that point your tenure with WOS is complete and you are a fully integrated employee.
All of our positions are full-time, entry level opportunities. Individuals will receive an hourly wage in addition to our benefits package.
- Think of this as a test-drive situation. Throughout the consultancy period you will make an hourly wage, but if you work hard and actively work on bettering yourself, you will transition into a full time employee with the client at a much more competitive salary.
- Works with Clients to execute projects through the the company's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the application design, test and implementation process (projects are technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools including public and private cloud-related resources and storage).
- Ensures alignment with Clients on scope, value proposition and overall project goals throughout the SDLC. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
- Contributes in the effort to select IT Vendors to execute projects and manages on-boarding and collaborative working relationship with selected Vendors.
Works within team to develops, reviews, evaluates, and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Works within team to identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives, primarily through coordinating the activities with other IT departments and Vendors (e.g., database, telecommunications, operations, technical support, etc.).
- Ensures required change management activities to drive solution adoption take place as necessary.
- Ensures quality through the use of company-approved methodologies.
- Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT, including leading the introduction of best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field experience,
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experiences,
- Good to thorough understanding of and experience in IT project management methodologies, requirements management, quality assurance and IT processes,
- Demonstrated experience working with outsourced vendors (on and off shore) within the information technology field,
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation,
- Strong to excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Good to strong facilitation skills,
- Strong judgment and management skills,
- Strong analytical ability,
- Good to excellent leadership, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
- Good understanding of technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements,
- Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements,
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within the state.
- Responsible for the full data life cycle from business requirements analysis and data feed definition, to data mapping and testing.
- Work with Finance users to organize, analyze and document business requirements.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting functional requirements, producing detailed functional specification.
- Leverage the knowledge of functional requirements to assist with user interface design and wireframe documentation and review.
- Develop use cases and execute test cases.
- Work with build and component testing staff to ensure deliverables meet business requirements.
- Contribute to development of best practices for the identification, collection, consolidation, validation, tracking and reporting of data.
- Oversee development of data definitions, helping to analyzing data sets for data anomalies and/or to verify data quality and content, and producing data quality.
- Oversees the integration of data transformation in the overall architecture. Recommend and develop if necessary, new methodologies for supporting information management security and compliance requirements as it relates to data management.
- Work with business partners to help identify, analyze and resolve data errors and inconsistencies.
- Understand high-level database architectures and work with data analysts and architects to ensure database designs are consistent with information architecture and information management and industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field experience,
- 1-3 years experience in Business/Data Analysis.
- Experience with standard business modeling techniques, such as cross-functional process flows, use cases, wireframes, and UML
- Functional understanding of data modeling and relational database design concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization including senior management
- Able to multi-task with ease including a demonstrated track record of delivering multiple concurrent complex technical projects on time
- Experience working within a database environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Strong to excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project
- Full Time
- $20.00/Hour (Plus benefits)
- We have client partners in Manhattan (NYC), Long Island and North/Central New Jersey