Who Are We?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner PSEG. Public Service Electric and Gas (PSEG) is New Jersey's largest provider of electric and gas service – serving 2.2 million electric customers and 1.8 million gas customers or nearly three out of every four people in the state.PSEG is a diversified energy company. Established in 1903, the company has long had a key role in fueling New Jersey's economy and supporting the state's quality of life. PSEG also owns and operates a diverse fleet of power plants located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions and has solar energy facilities throughout the United States.
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or currently serving in the National Guard / Reserve OR
- college graduate with a degree in a program related to the field
- Availability to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
Responsible for the overall performance of the PSEG IT portfolio for the Operating Company he/she supports, including defining and targeting the investment mix, planning the portfolio structure, communicating the portfolio plan, and measuring results. Advise business stakeholders on the risks and benefits of specific portfolio activities and work with them to understand how enterprise priorities link to their portfolio. The IT Portfolio is developed in the Annual Integrated IT Investment Planning Cycle and is managed throughout the year as business events occur that drives new demand. The IT Portfolio is comprised of the total IT spend on Investment Projects, Product and IT Services, and does not include items that are considered maintenance in nature. This position will drive the realization of the objectives of the 5 year technology roadmap.
- Oversee the portfolio and its contents, providing transparency and insight into the current state of all initiatives, and identifying and escalating issues to executive leadership and business stakeholders.
- Plan and conduct regular and as-needed reviews of the entire portfolio aimed at balancing the combination of strategic alignment, value, risk and returns to the organization from the execution of portfolio initiatives.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates on the IT Portfolio to the Investment Review Council and the Client Executives at the Monthly Strategy and Governance Meetings.
- Analyze portfolio contents and/or specific initiatives in response to events that create emergent work requests that require a re-look at the investment mix and plan of record.
- Work in partnership with the Strategic Relationship Manager (SRM), Enterprise Architects (EA), Applications Project Office (APO), Applications Support Office (ASO), Engineering, Operations Management, and the business in defining the current state of the portfolio and its contents; and model the potential impact of specific strategic choices and alternatives.
- Work with executives and the organizational governance functions to identify and maintain specific data components, values and historical data that support decisions on future portfolio investment mix.
- Analyze the portfolio to show investment trends against business capabilities.
- Contribute to the review, prioritization and approval process for proposed initiatives.
- Analyze overall portfolio performance and make recommendations for the review, assessment and disposition of proposed IT initiatives.
- Work with the APO to ensure the appropriate resources are assigned to achieve the outcomes of the investment portfolio.
- During execution, ensure the APO and the Program Management Office (PMO) are effectively working to measure actual-to-planned schedule, effort, and budget for individual initiatives to anticipate potential issues and risks. Report the status to portfolio management.
- Work with the IT SRM to develop 5 year business area technology roadmaps based on business objectives, industry trends, co-innovation, and new and expanding capability requirements.
- Establish and oversee effective governance of the client IT portfolio management processes and practices for the business area IT investments.
- Working with the SRM, the Business Sponsor and the Enterprise Architect, determine which projects will require a “Phase 0” based on the IT Investment Planning and Governance Process.
- Work collaboratively with the SRM, IT Financial Management, and the Operating Company to provide the 5 year O&M and Capital forecast based on the Investment Projects, Products and IT Services on the Technology Roadmap.
- Load and manage final plan of record into the project and portfolio management system.
- Work collaboratively with peer Portfolio Managers to represent the enterprise view of the portfolio and improve the Investment Planning and Governance Process across the enterprise.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four or more years’ experience working within an IT Financial Management, Portfolio Management or Capital Investment Management functional area. Without a degree, at least eight years’ experience working within an IT Financial Management, Portfolio Management or Capital Investment Management functional area.
- Excellent portfolio management skills.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end components of software development relative to portfolio management.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and manage a strategic financial plan with the associated investment governance.
- Experience collaborating, negotiating, presenting to leadership stakeholders.
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, financial management and business case development.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations and associated tools.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Excellent leadership and consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Full Time
- $20.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Bethpage, NY