Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS), the leading non-profit organization geared toward training and aligning individuals from underserved groups with career opportunities. We achieve our mission because we are committed to providing best-in-class, affordable consultancy services to our clients utilizing the unique skills and abilities of the communities we serve. In pursuit of this commitment, WOS delivers pre-employment training and assessments to our consultants. The Instructor/Talent Acquisition specialist is a change agent who is able to train, assess and recommend candidates for acceptance into our programs, while maintaining a strong connection with our corporate partners. WOS seeking a self-motivated individual with experience as an occupational trainer, strong business acumen, and a socially responsible mind for mentoring individuals that are in need. requires a clear focus and good judgment.
As an Instructor/Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will deliver full life-cycle recruitment including planning, coordinating and executing a rigorous teaching schedule. Instruction will include, but is not limited to, pre-employment training and assessment, business and interpersonal skills, networking and communication with prospective academic, community and corporate partners. It also requires collaborating with other WOS employees and helping to expand our presence in the Dallas area.
- A passion for the WOS mission.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to build and cultivate relationships with our partners and other stakeholders.
- Experience teaching adults as well as adolescents.
- Experience managing in a corporate environment.
- Excellent communication skills, leadership qualities, digitally adept, and familiarity with adult learning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of assessing the training needs of local employers.
- Valid Texas driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and own transportation.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and hours. This job may require working weekends.
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Full Time (Exempt)
- Depending on Experience
- Dallas, TX