Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Turner Construction Company. Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or current National Guard/Reservist with MOS in Information Technology related field OR
- Recent college graduate with a degree in Network Administration, Information Security or equivalent industrial certification such as Security +
Overall Position Description:
Perform assigned tasks and responsibilities for IT Security Operations. Responsible for assigned risk assessment tasks, incident response, network data event monitoring and interfacing with internal and external business groups to ensure appropriate and accurate technical support, security responses and functions.
- Monitor and identify security control gaps and events of compromise.
- Conduct the evaluation and implementation of advanced security control solutions (e.g. malware, virus, and phishing protection, privileged account management, and security incident event monitoring (SIEM).
- Assist in identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended to prevent events that negatively impact confidentiality, availability and integrity.
- Review security event logs, and collaborate with internal partners to remediate system security anomalies.
- Perform vulnerability and visibility scans, information system hosts penetration tests, conduct analysis and provide reports for remediation processes.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues and compliance.
- Assist with the analysis, implementation, research and technical security controls of data and systems. Determine and report baseline variance for all applicable technology environments.
- Respond to incidents and work with other teams to resolve IT security issues.
- Monitor security systems including response to issues.Follow SOC procedures and processes to support Firewalls, Content Engines, Intruder Detection or Prevention Systems.
- Identify and respond to malicious activity on critical network infrastructure.
- Maintain accurate records of system baseline operations and documentation for status reporting.Assess the adequacy of security controls and recommend mitigating controls
- Review reports from Phishing Email campaigns
- Ensure compliance with Security Policy and Procedures
- Monthly reporting back to Security team
- Associate Degree, or higher in Information Security, Network Administration or certificate in CompTIA Security +
- Knowledgeable in network security
- Knowledgeable in security management, information security risk assessments, network security management, application design and architecture, network engineering.
- Technical knowledge in a wide array of platforms and systems
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in technical work environments with mature, well defined processes and procedures, preferred
- Full-time (Mon-Fri 40 hr work week)
- $17.75/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Ballwin, MO