Help Desk Technician (Level I)
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Turner Construction Company. Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
- Recent graduate from technical institute or associate degree program with focus on computer/network repair.
- Passionate about technology
- Young adult looking for opportunity to start IT career and get their foot in the door to corporate America
- Less than 2 years of experience
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Lead within the Support Services team of Client Services in the Information Technologies & Services Department (ITS), the Help Desk Technician will make sure that all incidents and requests are resolved according to service level agreements, and properly escalated and tracked when necessary.
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver Tier 1 phone support while acting as first point of escalation for client and staff issues. Monitor and prioritize the Service Desk line, e‐mail message queues and automated request queue
- Resolves technical issues with operating systems, hardware, software, and network connectivity
- Answers end‐user technology questions and provides general information regarding departmental computing policies and service agreements
- Manages all assigned work using ticketing system. Logs all activities and case updates in a timely and detailed manner. Creates and maintains accurate asset records for all devices worked on
- Collaborates with colleagues and other groups for complex issues
- Escalates cases in an efficient manner as needed
- Contributes to and helps maintain the Knowledge Base
- Provide support for incidents and request management and is able to multitask is a fast paced environment
- Recognize the importance of metrics and is involved in ensuring all metrics and SLA’s are followed
- Helps with review and creation of SOP’s
- When initiated by end-users, be able to provide additional assistance utilizing Skype
- When required, use Skype to contact other teams for assistance in servicing problem tickets
- Serve one week per month as the “on call” service desk engineer that provides after hours emergency support to Turner’s end users
- Additional duties may require help with projects in different locations, assisting with desktop support
- Initial triage of incoming and end-user computer issues and problems
- Strong fundamental technical knowledge with the ability and drive to learn new concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail and the capability to drive tasks from start to completion
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize work load
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer and customer service and desktop skills with tact in dealing with demanding customers. Including, but not limited to Microsoft Office 2013, Windows 7, Mac OS, Mobile devices
- Formally document all problem tickets in our ticketing system
- End‐user Services technology experience and knowhow – Desktop support with mobile device support, Mac OS, Windows, and Exchange
- Accept responsibility/ownership for all assigned problem tickets from creation to resolution or to point of escalation
- Utilize knowledgebase to attempt issue resolution; escalated unresolved issues to L2 analyst
- Be familiar with providing remote assistance either thru Remote Desktop Connection or GoToAssist.
- Full-time/immediate availability Monday-Friday
- Dallas, TX
- $15.00/hour plus benefits
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services