Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate through this process. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Lear Corporation. Lear Corporation is ranked #154 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, MI, Lear maintains 240 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 136,000 employees.
Job Overview: Repair and maintain advanced electronic equipment on knitting machines.
- Must be a Post 9/11 Veteran/Reservist/Guardsmen OR
- Recent college graduate with an Associates Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Available to work full-time
Duties and Responsibilities: The below generally describes the tasks necessary to define the principal functions of the job, and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the required work.
- Checks with operators and shift supervisors to determine which machines have defective scanners
- Troubleshoots and repairs defective scanners. Involves fine tuning scanners to work with the type of yarn and construction found on the machine
- Maintains accurate records of all repair work done
- Performs Preventative Maintenance work as scheduled
- Orders parts when required
- Performs some machinist duties such as welding, cutting, fabrication, etc.
- Assists other maintenance personnel when electrical expertise is needed
- Performs electrical repairs as required
- Maintains contacts with equipment suppliers to keep knowledge and expertise up to date
- Maintains good housekeeping in the work area
- Follows all company safety rules and regulations and foster safe work habits
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor or lead operator
- Associate’s degree
- 1 year experience in electronic or electrical fields
- Knowledge and practice with PLC’s
- Experience with weaving, warping, and knitting
- Certification as a Knitter or Threader preferred
- Full Time - 3rd Shift (11:00PM-7:00AM). Initial training will occur during 1st Shift (7:00AM-3:00PM)
- $15.00/Hour (Plus benefits)
- Kenansville, NC