Who Are We?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Lear Corporation. Lear Corporation is ranked #154 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, MI, Lear maintains 240 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 136,000 employees.
- The qualified candidate should possess supervision experience including effective computer (MS Office), organizational skills, experience with computer-operated equipment Robotics and PLC’s.
- Strong electrical background while working in manufacturing.
- Journeyman status
- Degree or equivalent experience a plus.
Integral aspect of the Maintenance Department and directly interfaces with the entire materials department, production department, quality department, and the engineering departments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Supervision of hourly maintenance personnel.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming
- Ability to lead and direct employees in a union environment Oversee preventive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment.
- Installation of new plant equipment.
- Instruct and advise employees in new techniques.
- Investigate maintenance difficulties and take corrective action.
- Coordinate contractor activities.
- Follow ISO14001 and QS9000/TS16949 procedures/processes.
- Establishes suppliers and materials to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Participates in plant recycling programs.
- It is the responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor to take appropriate action and to effectively communicate where necessary and observations which may impact Lear’s ability to manufacture a quality product and to achieve an on time delivery. Individual actions which should be taken into account are as follows:
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance’s related to product, process and quality systems.
- Identify and record any problems related to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Full-time (immediate availability)
- $25.00/Hour (Plus benefits)
- Hammond, IN