Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) launches technology and business careers for recent college graduates and military veterans. We partner with corporations throughout the United States to open up full-time, entry level career pathways. If you are struggling to get your foot in the door, we can help you navigate your first steps. Our employees receive personalized mentoring and a benefits package to ensure their continued success.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role with the potential to hire with our partner Eastern Generation, LLC. Eastern Generation, LLC (“EasternGen”) owns and operates seventy-two generating units at seven facilities with a total average capacity of 4,961 Megawatts through its Astoria Generating, New Covert, Lincoln, and Rolling Hills Subsidiaries.
- Post 9/11 Veteran-honorably discharged or service member currently serving in the National Guard / Reserve OR
- Recent college graduate with a degree in a program related to the field (specific requirements below)
- Availability to work full-time
Overall Position Description:
The primary purpose is to provide senior level systemic buying, contract administration and support to all groups at multiple locations in Astoria, Queens and Brooklyn and some travel.
- Initiate Requests for Proposals (RFP) through the bid process – work with engineers, warehouse, and other stakeholders to develop the RFP, release for bid, walk-down with bidders, receive the bid, complete the bid evaluation and work with the team to choose the best based on technical/dollar value.
- Negotiate contracts – negotiate new contracts and re-negotiate expiring contracts. Maintain database of contracts, insurance certificates, labor rates, etc. for negotiated contracts.
- Source new suppliers – source qualified suppliers for various commodities and parts and complete the supplier qualification process and database.
- Project management for large service/construction contracts – work with engineers and others to insure contract guidelines are followed, negotiate change orders, finalize and close out documents.
- Settlement of Claims – work with stakeholders to manage disputes/claims with satisfactory outcomes.
- Develop supplier partnerships – work with suppliers to maintain partnerships by solving problems, discussing needs, insuring procedures are followed and maintaining strict a strict ethical code of conduct.
- Support corporate – assist managers and others to provide corporate support when needed and maintain regulatory standards and process control such of insurance requirements, terms and conditions, tax exempt certificates, etc.
- Part Master – assist to insure the part master retains proper part information and pricing.
- Meetings – attend various daily meetings such as Maintenance/Engineering/Purchasing and also monthly safety meetings.
- Education – BA in Administration, Finance, Communication or higher
- Computer Skills – Excel, Word, Enterprise Management system knowledge, Outlook, DocuSign, etc.
- Experience – At least seven (7) years’ experience in a professional buying and contract management role.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in preparing, tendering, negotiation, management of major procurement contract; understanding strategic purchasing; experience of turnkey, target cost, cost share, partnership and performance based contract models; evidence of settlement of claims and disputes; and practical contract management associated with medium to large scale projects.
- Candidate should possess a high level of organization skills, be able to multi-task, have strong problem solving skills, be detail oriented and the ability to set priorities.
- Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of counterparts, contractors, professional service providers and legal advisers.
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable with emotional intelligence to navigate contract management and internal expectations of the team.
- Depends on Experience
- Astoria, NY