Looking for a flexible part-time job?
This opportunity differs from a typical job, in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship and advanced training, all while providing the flexibility of part-time employment. But employment is only a piece of the larger WOS program. Your hard work is supported through career progression training and individual mentorship. This programmatic solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal and professional path, while providing the necessary support to help keep you there.
This unique opportunity requires you to have a flexible schedule. Shifts will vary based on each individual. All shifts will occur between the hours of 6:00AM and 3:00AM. If you are highly motivated and want to make a positive change in your life, WOS provides a pathway to a better future. Here are few details about this specific opportunity.
- Young adult looking to gain valuable work experience while furthering their education
- Highly motivated and ready to make a fundamental change in your life
- Open availability to work part-time
- Have a strong desire to further your education and skills
- Able to provide great customer service
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information over the phone
- Ability to listen and respond while keying into an automated system
- Ability to learn to navigate client-specific screens in a Windows environment
- Ability to accurately type 45 wpm
The hours of operation of the worksite are 24/7. As such, in order to be considered for the position you must have a flexible open availability.
Compensation: This is NOT a seasonal position. This is an opportunity to prepare yourself for a long term career. The hourly wage is $10 per hour. WOS is a 501(c)(3) charity with a social mission of elevating individuals from underserved areas through employment and education pathways.
WOS will provide you with an individual mentor. Having a mentor can make all the difference. It is the mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Your mentor will work with you to identify any personal, academic, or professional barriers you may face, then work with you to remove them. WOS is committed to your success. As part of this program, you will be provided opportunities for additional training and skills enhancement to help propel your career.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that transforms early career professionals by cultivating their talents. We connect leading companies with a network of thousands of ready-to-work professionals who reflect diverse communities and customers. Our partners rely on our expertise to recruit, educate, and train employees with the highest potential who will remain committed to their work over the long term.
Launched at Columbia University in New York City, our scientifically-based program offers cutting-edge research and analytics in partnership with top-tier academic institutions. Since our founding in 2005, we have partnered with more than 50 corporations in 35+ locations across the U.S.