Who are we?
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a 501(c)(3) that recruits underserved young adults and veterans for professional careers through various skill-based education and mentoring programs. We launch their careers in technology and business through partnerships with corporations throughout the United States.
For more information about WOS, visit our website: Workforce Opportunity Services
This is a consultancy role, with the potential to hire, at our client partner JetBlue.
About our partner: At JetBlue, our Values are embedded in our culture and that leads our company. Our long-term success is dependent on our integrity. Every day, our many stakeholders around the world. Customers, Business Partners, shareholders, regulators, and Crew members count on our commitment to the highest standards of business ethics and compliance. By living up to our Values and high ethical standards, we ensure that our company will be positioned to flourish for years to come.
Duties and Responsabilities:
- Knowledge of testing strategies/methodologies that can be applied in websites and web application testing.
- Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
- Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases and use/create automation tools.
- Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
- Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results.
- Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
- Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of VB scripting
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner
- Knowledge of UFT and BCM software preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science
- 1-3 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, writing test specifications, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Working knowledge of VB scripting
- Experience with IE, IIS and WSH environments
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively with other team members.
- $20.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Long Island City, NY