Are you ready to make a change?
This opportunity differs from the typical job, in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship, education, and full-time employment. But full-time employment is only a piece of the larger WOS program. Your hard work is supported by higher education and individual mentorship. This programmatic solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path, while providing the necessary support to help keep you there.
This unique opportunity requires you to have an open availability between the hours of 6am-3am. If you are highly motivated and want to make a positive change in your life, WOS provides a pathway to a better future. Here are few details about this specific opportunity.
- Young adult looking to gain valuable work experience while furthering their education
- Highly motivated and ready to make a fundamental change in your life
- Open availability to work full-time plus attended college
- Have a strong desire to further your education'
- Have some customer service experience
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Full-time open availability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information over the phone
- Ability to listen and respond while keying into an automated system
- Ability to learn to navigate client-specific screens in a Windows environment
The hours of operation of the worksite are 24/7. As such, in order to be considered for the position you must have a flexible open availability. A typical shift lasts 8 hours (paid) plus a 1 hour (unpaid) lunch, for a total of 9-hour shift.
This is NOT a seasonal position. This is an opportunity to prepare yourself for a long term career. The hourly wage is $10 per hour. If selected for this unique opportunity, the benefits you will receive are not typical. WOS is a 501(c)(3) charity with a social mission of elevating individuals from under-served areas through employment and education pathways. We are not your typical employer.
- Free single coverage health insurance (after 90 days full-time)
- This means nothing will be deducted from your paycheck
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- College Tuition Payments (including all applicable fees (books, facilities, etc.)
- At your local community college
On top of all that, WOS will provide you with an individual mentor. It is the individual mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The individual mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Having an individual mentor can make all the difference. Your mentor will work with you to identify any personal, academic, or professional barriers you may face, then work with you to remove them.
The total compensation and benefits received exceeds $30,000.00/Year.