Are you ready to make a change?
This opportunity differs from the typical job, in the sense that we are a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to transform lives through individual mentorship, education, and full-time employment. But full-time employment is only a piece of the larger WOS program. Your hard work is supported by higher education and individual mentorship. This programmatic solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path, while providing the necessary support to help keep you there.
This unique opportunity requires you to have a flexible schedule. A typical shift lasts 8 hours (paid) plus a 1 hour (unpaid) lunch, for a total of 9-hour shift between the hours of 6:00AM and 3:00AM. If you are highly motivated and want to make a positive change in your life, WOS provides a pathway to a better future. Here are few details about this specific opportunity.
We are looking for energetic Customer Service Agents to support customers regarding order status, product availability/description, and resolve any emerging questions or problems they might face. Our agents are responsible for handling merchandise order calls, emails, and chats requiring verbal and written communications.
- Be an advocate for our customers by owning their problems and/or questions and working relentlessly to deliver an amazing experience
- Handle inbound calls and/or written communications regarding orders and inquiries
- Compose written responses through communication mediums to include email, chat and trouble ticketing
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information over the phone
- Ability to listen and respond while keying into an automated system
- Ability to learn to navigate client-specific screens in a Windows environment
- Ability to accurately type 45 wpm
- $10.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
- Health Insurance - Free single coverage health insurance (after 90 days full-time) ◦ This means nothing will be deducted from your paycheck
- Paid Vacation - Two Weeks Paid Vacation (after 90 days full-time)
- Paid Holidays - All company approved holidays
- College Tuition Payments - Toward a first degree at your local community college - this includes all applicable fees (books, facilities, etc.) (after 90 days full-time)
- Individual Mentor - It is the individual mentor's sole responsibility to make you successful in this program. The mentor will work closely with you to achieve personal, academic, and professional success. Having an individual mentor can make all the difference.
Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that transforms early career professionals by cultivating their talents. We connect leading companies with a network of thousands of ready-to-work professionals who reflect diverse communities and customers. Our partners rely on our expertise to recruit, educate, and train employees with the highest potential who will remain committed to their work over the long term.
Launched at Columbia University in New York City, our scientifically-based program offers cutting-edge research and analytics in partnership with top-tier academic institutions. Since our founding in 2005, we have partnered with more than 50 corporations in 35+ locations across the U.S.